Monday, May 28, 2007

Gandhian turd goes to marriage

Another social ill, children even now mug-up, is lavish marriages and the impact on society. This is one major problem in poorer and middle class society, the spending on marriages and the prestige associated with these events. With Market making a strong entry Marriages are now event management. Also the underlining theme is ‘no guilt’ on spending. It is now seen as natural. Spending lavishly is now almost endearing atleast in mainstream media.

This blogger avoids going to marriages. Previously it was nausea I associated with arranged marriage, later (in north) the money they spend on the event as also public nuisance. Last decade or so if recall rightly I attended only two odd weddings. Both my house owners, one even making sure I attend…checking whether I was coming even at the last moment, I actually was feeling real sorry for him since he was selling the house to compensate the marriage (the other was a muslim wedding and I was curious). Actually avoiding marriages was a bit of a sacrifice since I being a foodie!!. Those days I used to have food from street (8Rs thali from telawala) they make it good though bit unhygienic (I guess we don’t see the kitchen in proper restaurant so shouldn’t pass judgment), I used to get stomach and other related ailments often, yes I do have sturdy stomach but it has taken too much…am told that I would end with serious diseases as I age (I am looking forward to it!!). Coming back to spending in marriages this has now become a trend. Some time back ‘richest indian’ had his daughter wedded, and spend millions of rupees…I do agree its individual choice, he a self made man with impeccable credentials. But if I am invited to such marriages (that’s a long shot!!, just to take an example) I would most probably drop a card of congratulation (now its email!). Since it clashes with my value system, indeed after a study on the issue(also you can say i have taken what was taught in school bit too seriously!!). But Turd babe doesn’t have such hiccups, when it is richest people, turd should be there-there should be turd!!. It is an opportunity for huge lick…Turd ain’t miss that one. Further you don’t know how he will be useful, so it is about PR and media attention. Terriffic!!. With same zest she would also hugs a slum dweller in front of the camera (s**li r*ndi??). Minor hiccups, she being a muslim is the saving grace for her!!!. Secularism final act of redemption !!!. Amen to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home